September 2020 Evan's School Start Information (Updated September 9th)
Welcome Back Evan’s Families!! The Evan’s staff are excited to be welcoming students back into the building on Sept. 10th, 2020, for the 2020-21 school year.
We have a made a few changes to the way we will start the day tomorrow to fit with the newest Health & Safety regulations and to help ensure students/staff are as safe as possible.
The first day of classes for students in grades 1 - 5 will be for a period of 2 hours from 8:05am – 10:05am. To ensure a safe start for all students and staff, we ask that families help us with the following procedures:
- Before sending your child to school please ensure that they are healthy by completing the Daily Health Check Screening Tool. We ask that students who are not feeling well remain at home until they have recovered.
- We ask that students not arrive at the school any earlier than 7:50am
- When students arrive at the school the children should go directly into their assigned learn group classrooms. Parents are unable to enter the building but there will be greeters at each of the student entrance doors to help you child get to the correct classroom. Should you need to speak with staff please call, email or use the front doorbell.
- If parents are unsure about entrance door and classrooms, there will be a bulletin board near the front of the school with this information.
- After entering the classroom children will be asked to immediately wash their hands for 30 seconds and will be given information by the classroom teachers on a seating plan
- The school will be a “closed campus” during school hours. This means that all school grounds and school playgrounds can only be used by students at Evans Elementary. This is to ensure students remain in their learning groups.
- As part of our plan for the first day we will be teaching students about Health and Safety procedures we will need them to follow to ensure all students and staff are safe while at school. Students will also be given a location to line-up on the second day. When students arrive at the school in the morning we ask that they go directly to their line-up location to help us avoid a mixing of students in different cohort groups.
Friday Sept. 11th (regular day of instruction Grades 1 - 5)
This will be our first full day of regular instruction starting at 8:05am and ending at 2:05pm. Please send your child to school with a lunch and snack for a full day. Students should go directly to their line-up location to help us avoid a mixing of students in different cohort groups. We anticipate that after the first week of school we will be able to solidify cohorts for the remainder of the school year.
Kindergarten students are following a gradual entry schedule. This will be shared by the Kindergarten teacher during school visits and posted to the website shortly.
We are asking parents to spend some time going over the Daily Health Check Screening Tool. Collectively to stop the spread of COVID-19, we need to understand the signs and symptoms. It is extremely important that when your child is not feeling their best, they remain home.
As we enter into this school year we know that we are going to need to be flexible and ensure that our lines of communication are open. Keeping our families, staff and children safe this year is our top priority as a school. If you have questions about our plan, please reach out and connect over the phone, by email or book a time to meet in person at the school.
The Evans staff is very much looking forward to meeting and greeting children tomorrow at the school.
Mr. Wade Gemmell
Evans Elementary School
Chilliwack School District Stage 2 School Options - Please find a link here for the Chilliwack School District Stage 2 School restart plans. For parents who may be considering options other than full time inclass instruction, please contact the school principal (Mr. Wade Gemmell) at Evans Elementary by phone (604 858 3057) during office hours (Monday -Friday 8am - 2pm) to discuss.
Chilliwack School District Superintendent's Letter on School Opening (August 17th)
Please find a letter with information on Elementary School opening in September from the Chilliwack School District Superintendent here.
Superintendent's Statement on Racism and Discrimination - June 9, 2020
Safe Return to School in the Fraser Health Region. Click here
OFFICE 365 VIDEOS
Check out the Evans Elementary Healthy Living Video! Click here.
School Supplies: We have a changed the process for purchase of school supplies this year. Please see the new information here.
Important Insurance Information Parents!
The Chilliwack School District does not insure expenses for student injuries that happen on school grounds or during school activities. Parents/Guardians are responsible for these expenses.
iA Financial Group is now offering a new comprehensive accident insurance plan with a critical illness component designed for the whole family.
This will replace the previous Kids Accident Insurance plan used in past years.
The benefits of the coverage plan are found at this link: https://www.sd33.bc.ca/accident-insurance.
Registration for 2020-2021
Evans Elementary School is a dynamic and energetic place to work, learn and play. Our staff are student-focused, educational leaders, who challenge themselves to provide a learning environment where each child has the opportunity to think, to learn, to seek answers, and to strive for excellence.
Visit our website often to read our latest Newsletter, find out more about the School Programs we have to offer and the Extra-Curricular Activities happening at Evans Elementary School. You may also want to check the Calendar for up to date news and events, or find relevant Parent and Student information useful to your child.