This Week at Evans Elementary
- Parent Week at a Glance #17 (January 17 - 21st) can be downloaded here
- Superintendent's Letter to Staff and Families Jan 8, 2022 can be downloaded here
- Information for Families that Traveled Outside of Canada over Winter Break - downloaded here
- Vaccination Information for Children 5 - 11 Years Old can be downloaded here
Welcome to Evans Elementary School
We want to take this opportunity to welcome children and families to Evans Elementary School. Evans is a “family-friendly” learning place that is situated centrally in Sardis and is only minutes from Highway 1.
We believe that cooperation and respect are important when working, learning and playing together. We hope that our quality school programs will help your child to develop: solid skills and a positive attitude leading to academic success; confidence and self-esteem; creative thinking and problem-solving skills and self-reliance and confidence.
Evans Elementary is a great school with much to offer our students and their families including:
- a school-wide focus on improving students’ literacy and numeracy skills
- school successes related to social responsibility
- an on-site, licensed before and after school care
- a wide range of special events, spirit days and other activities
- a dedicated Parent Advisory Council
Visit our website often to learn about the school programs we have to offer and activities happening at our school. You may also want to check the calendar for up to date news and events.
The Chilliwack School District has moved to a centralized, electronic registration system. Our schools no longer accept paper registration forms. This online process provides parents and guardians an option to register their child at any time, even over the summer break. This includes registration for K - 12, French Immersion and out of catchment requests. You will be required to:
- Provide a valid email address
- Upload a copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Upload proof of residency
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions and Changes under COVID - 19 for the 2021 - 22 School year
New Bell Schedule – This year our school has a new bell schedule which is as follows:
- 8:00 am Warning Bell
- 8:05 am School Starts
- 10:15 – 10:30 am Recess
- 11:50 – 12:35 pm LUNCH
- 2:07 pm Dismissal
Calendar & Upcoming Events – The calendar on this website is a “live” calendar meaning it is updated as soon as we are aware of an event for a change in an event. It can be accessed here. Keeping checking this calendar for information. Important dates and information will also be published in our parent Week at a Glance.
Some Changes in COVID- 19 Protocols for the 2021 - 22 School Year
- Student daily health checks remain in place this school year,
- There are no “cohorts” in schools this year (single schedule)
- We will have students line up outside the school at the start of the day. Upon entering or exiting the school students will need to sanitize (wash hands).
- Students in grades 4 & 5 must wear a mask upon entering the school. For students in K – 3 this is optional but strongly encouraged.
- All adults (non-staff) entering the building MUST be wearing a mask, sign-in at the office and sanitize upon entry. Adult inside the building must be there for an approved school activity (volunteer, meeting, PAC meeting, etc.)
- Parents must enter the school through the front door.
- Playgrounds remain closed at the end of the school day until about 4 pm.
Student School Supplies – This school year we have working with several vendors to purchase supplies for students that are unique to each classroom and learning situation. The cost is $45.00 for students in grades 1 – 5 (including planners) and $40.00 for children in Kindergarten. Payments can be made with cash or a cheque made out to “Evans Elementary School”. Should this present a hardship to your family please speak with your child’s classroom teacher. Thanks.
Parent Advisory Council – Our school has an active Parent Advisory Council or PAC. All parents in the school are part of the PAC and we would strongly encourage parents to become active members of the PAC